As a continuation of my last post, I thought I’d share the recipe of the sweet potato fries we made. They were another great success that I would love to make again sometime!
Sweet potato fries are said to be one of the healthiest foods for you. They are rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A, B-6 and C, minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium and have a whopping 0.1 g of total fat!
They’re great for snacking on too!
You will need:
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/4″ fries.
- Toss fries in olive oil to coat.
- Spread fries out on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with spices.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until fries are browned, turning occasionally.
To cook broccoli is pretty simple:
Rinse the bunch of broccoli and break into large bit sized florets. Cut off the stems. Bring ¾ c. water to a boil in a saucepan. Add broccoli, reduce heat to medium and let broccoli cook for 5-6 minutes. The broccoli is done when you can pierce it with a fork. Dress to taste with butter, olive oil, lemon zest, almond slices, sesame seeds, etc.